According to Wikipedia – Instagram (also known informally as IG or Insta) is an American photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS.
Instagram is my social media jam. I share photos with friends and see their pictures as well. It’s a happy space for me, or at least it used to be. Instagram has changed drastically over the years.
There are ads everywhere, and it feels more like Snapchat and Facebook than the hip photo-sharing site it once was. To make matters worse, researchers discovered that Instagram’s website leaked user contact information, including phone numbers and email addresses. All this has gotten me to the point where I want to delete Instagram.
How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account?
Here’s is the best way to do it from your mobile and computers.
If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in. To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.
You’ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. If you can’t remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.